Join our Critter Camp! Does your child love animals? Check out below on how they can be a part of our Critter Camp for kids!
About Critter Camp
Critter Camp is a Day Camp program designed for children ages 7-12 years old who love animals. Camp will be held in the Education Room of the Key West SPCA Shelter during Summer and Holiday Breaks. Critter Camp will provide a fun, educational experience for campers and will add variety and enrichment to the lives of our shelter animals. During camp, children will learn how to safely interact with animals, make fun craft projects such as toys and treats, and receive behind-the-scenes lessons in pet care from our Animal Care, Clinic, and Animal Control teams. In addition, campers will learn from Guest Speakers and take field trips to local animal-focused organizations throughout Key West.
Critter Camp Director is Amina Chaudhry. She holds current certifications in CPR and First Aid and has been Florida DCF background checked to provide child care. Additionally, Amina has over 10 years of experience working in Child Care, Summer Camp, and education. The Florida Keys SPCA performs background checks on all supporting Critter Camp Staff and Volunteers.
For questions and additional information Amina can be contacted directly at Amina@fkspca.org or 305-294-4857 x104.
2020 Camp Dates:
- Martin Luther King Day: January 20th- CAMP IS FULL
- Spring Break: March 16th-20th
- Summer Break:
- June 1st-5th
- June 8th-12th
- June 15th-19th
- June 22nd-26th
- July 20th-24th
- July 27th-31st
- August 3rd-7th
- August 10th-14th
- Veteran's Day: November 11th
- Thanksgiving Break: November 23rd-25th
- Winter Break:
- December 21st-23rd
- December 28th-30th
- $240 per full 5 day week.
- $45 per day for short weeks or single day camps.
Registration must be paid for the entire number of days that each camp is offered. We cannot shorten full week camps into individual dates.
Multiple child discounts:
- 1st Child- Full Price
- 2nd+ Child(ren)- $5 per day discount ($25 per full week)
- Full registration fee per child must be paid at time of registration to hold your child's spot.
- Camp ages include children 7-12 years old.
- Camp Hours are from 9am-3pm.
- Each camp will have a maximum capacity of 12 children.
- Included: Cost of camp covers all activity materials, transportation to and from field trips, field trip fees, and a camp shirt. Additional shirts can be purchased for $15 each.
- Field Trips will be 1 time per week during Summer Camp.
- Family is expected to provide the following daily:
- Morning & Afternoon Snacks
- Water bottle
- Closed-toed shoes
Refrigeration is available, but please do not pack food items that need to be heated.
- Campers should dress in clothes that are appropriate for active and sometimes messy activities. Appropriate footwear should be closed-toe and non-slip. Athletic shoes are recommended.
- Animal interactions are contingent on many factors. Daily animal interactions will be provided, however, for the safety of both the animals and the children, dog interactions specifically are not guaranteed.
Signing In & Out Policy:
- Children need to be signed in and out of Critter Camp by a parent or guardian every day.
- Please ensure that anyone signing out, including parents, bring a photo ID at pick-up.
- Only people listed on the child’s Authorized Pick-Up List will be allowed to sign a child out of camp. If you need to add or remove someone from the Authorized Pick-Up List, please let Camp Staff know. Anyone under the age of 16 cannot be authorized to sign a child out of Critter Camp.
- Late Policy: Children must be signed out of Critter Camp promptly at 3 pm. After 3:10 pm, a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute will apply.
The following documents MUST be completed and submitted to the FKSPCA via email, fax or in person 5 business days prior to the start of camp date:
Current and Upcoming Registration Dates:
Martin Luther King Day- January 20th: Registration-CAMP IS FULL
Spring Break- March 16th-20th: Registration Starts Wednesday January 22nd
All Summer Break Dates: Registration Starts Wednesday April 1st